Dear Family/Friends,
Bon dia! :) I love you people!!
This
week has been fantastic!! This next week we're going to try and see a
lot more productivity!! Plan of action -- working with the members. It's
the work of Salvation, and if we're not working as One, not only is it
not going to be as fun, it is also not going to be as effective,
powerful, or long-reaching. We've got a visit with basically every
member in our area -- we need to introduce me to them, and we need to
inspire them to work for miracles and "confiar" [trust] in the Lord!
Fun facts: my companion and I have bought stretchy pants (yoga
pants). They are useful for staying warm. (Only Papi will appreciate
this) Some members gave us 7 Jotas Jamón yesterday -- SO GOOD!! :D Also,
Papi, I shared two paragraphs with ward members, to testify to them of
the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion, and they're grateful. A
family from Valladolid says thanks (they're the ones who gave us the
jamón)! We teach and find lots of African people -- they are so full of
faith!! I LOVE these people!! Countries represented from last
week -- Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Gambia...I think that's it but I can't
remember the names!
One of our visits with a Nigerian member was a
shock -- the Jehova's Witnesses were teaching our member. It was quite the
experience. In the past two weeks, we've easily met half of the Jehova Witness
congregation. It really broke my heart that they wouldn't open their
hearts; after they blindly rejected the scriptures, laughed at and
mocked the prophets of old, condemned Joseph Smith, and began to deny
the Spirit, I felt the sharpest sensation that we needed to get out of
there. I explained that it was not good for them to continue speaking
against Heavenly Father's word, and that we needed to leave. It was a
learning experience.
Our Peruvian family is SO going to be baptized on the 8th of February!!
We watched the Restoration video with them, and they are committed to
discovering if the Book of Mormon is true, to praying, and to coming to
Church (they've come 3 weeks in a row, but they have to miss Sacrament
meeting (which is the 3rd hour) because they've got work -- but they're
consistenty coming for the meetings at 9 AM!!) and they will be baptized after they are converted!
My companion and I are both a little under the
weather, and the weather is wonderfully rainy. :) We have been given
remedies from Korea and Ecuador and Colombia -- all of them include honey,
onions, and resultant fumes. Haha, I'm so glad my nose doesn't work
very well!!
Dear President,
Thank you for our interview. How are the issues with your phone?
I love how direct Élder Vosters is in teaching. Like Nephi, he teaches clearly, simply, in such a manner that there is no room for confusion. It is such a blessing to have a companion who teaches so well; who communicates so effectively; and who loves our investigators! I am so grateful to have Élder Vosters as my companion!
I am taking what you said to heart: I want Élder Vosters´ last weeks to be the most productive and meaningful weeks of his mission. I'm focusing on loving him, and I am also continuously striving to fulfill the list of instructions that you gave me. I personally need to be more diligent, humble, and to have greater faith. This week I want to learn to completely put my trust in the Lord, to learn to really give all of myself and leave it all up to Him, by reading the Book of Mormon every day and fasting with prayer. This week I want to more assertively, while retaining a loving touch, end all disobedience, by openly discussing our purpose with my companion, and testifying of our need to be loyal to the Lord's call.
A miracle from this week was the Spirit during a lesson that we had with a part-member Spanish family (Evelin {recently reactivated}, Pablo {nonmember 10-year-old}, and Sergio {a man of many doubts}. Sergio told us two Sundays ago that "nobody" 'puede' with him (he said that he resisted "even you"). Last Thursday we went and testified of the Book of Mormon. He brought up many doubts, excuses for why he hadn't yet been baptized, and the Spirit was strong as we testified of the power of the Book of Mormon to bring him answers. Turns out, he's never read the whole book. Because of the Spirit, he is now going to read the whole book. We are going to meet with them again this week. I know that as this man reads the Book of Mormon, the Spirit will fill his heart, and he will be converted and then baptized. It happened to my father. It happened to me. I know that God's promises are real, and that they are for us to make and keep.
If you ever need anything, I'm only an hour away -- we're now on the same peninsula. :) Until we receive that call, you'll find us answering the Lord´s call in Sabadell 2A. You know where to find us. :)
Love,
Élder Zubeldia
I
know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know that the Prophets
of today give us the Word of God, as they did in ancient times, and that
if we live and apply what they teach us, we will come closer to the
Savior. I know that if other people feel of our love for them, they will
be inspired to desire to feel more of Heavenly Father's love for them.
Everything that we do as representatives of the Lord has to do with
love: it is motivated by love for the Savior and these people, it
testifies of God's love, and it results in Christlike love. We have the
best job ever, all of us that have taken upon ourselves the name of
Christ. I know that obedience to God's will (the commandments, mission
rules, and impressions from the Spirit) is how we can show Him that we
love Him. Sharing the gospel with EVERYONE is how we can show them that
we love them. He loves us; and He will bless us as we do these things,
because He loves us.
I love you all!! Good luck sharing the love this week!! I'm praying for you!!
Simply,
Élder Zubeldia
No comments:
Post a Comment