Monday, January 13, 2014

Back on the Iberian Peninsula

Most loved family,

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! CAN'T GET OVER IT -- ETERNITY IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!! Won't it be great to be able to bring other people with us through helping them start the path of conversion through baptism?! :D

Bona tarda. Jaja, I'm going to start trying to learn Catalán sometime. X)

Presidential Update:
Dear President,

This week was phenomenal! I'm so excited to be serving in Sabadell with my Élder Vosters! He is so fantastic -- he wants to work, and to finish his mission strong. He has a sincere interest in the work which is such a blessing to our investigators.

I know that miracles come when we diligently search for them. We don't receive unless we ask! This week, by contacting, we found a kind family from Colombia, and several other people aware of their need of the Lord's help. It is such a blessing to be able to help these people through sharing our message. We have the best job ever!!

I need to work on being more courageous. On the train rides that we occasionally take, we are going to contact the entire car, and I'm not going to let myself keep myself from seeing miracles. We did that today, and taught a lesson, with a Bolivian member (Ricardo), to the member's friend (Daniel). That they were there -- miracle. That they wanted to talk with us -- miracle. That we knew what to say and how to say it -- miracle. We just saw Daniel walk past the locutorio, and he is excited to meet with us this Wednesday -- miracle. This is the Lord's work, and it is a tender mercy, for me, to be a part of it.

Love you!!
-Élder Zubeldia

It is such a blessing to be a missionary!! We really DO have the best job ever!!! It is very interesting to be so close to so many other missionaries (on Ibiza, we were kinda isolated from other missionaries...go figure). It's interesting to see that, Mami, you were right -- not all missionaries are the Sons of Mosiah. But it's okay -- we're just going to have to be obedient, be excited, and love them for who they are. I know that as we do our best to see others as Heavenly Father sees them, then we will be able to say what He would say and do what He would do. That's how we can take upon ourselves His name. I'm so grateful to have this gospel to teach me the Way!!

The fun surprise of transfers -- YOU WEREN´T JOKING when you said you had sent me packages!! HOLY TURNIPS!!! Thank you thank you thank you so much for all of the love that you sent me, and for all of the love that doesn't fit in boxes. :) I love you all so much!! My companions love you, too, and so do all the kids here in Sabadell!! I'm sorry that I didn't get to hand out the stuff that the Seminary kids had sent -- the whole Christmas card idea is GOLD, but people look at me weird when I sing Christmas hymns, which makes me think that they might be done with Christmas until next year (Catalán people need a little more Christmas juice -- don't worry, I'm working on it. ;) ).

This area hasn't had a lot of growth for the past few months. Interestingly, it also doesn't have a strong tradition of working with the members. Coincidence? I think NOT!! :) I know that Heavenly Father will guide us to carry out His work here, together as a ward/missionary family. :) "To achieve what has never been achieved, [we] must do what has never been done"!!

I'm happy, I'm fine, and I'm going to stop writing, so that I can read the emails that you sent me this week!! :D (don't worry, I print them off)

All my love,
Élder Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment