Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 13 - Ibiza :)

Beloved family and friends,
 
I love you. :)
 
Everyone in this branch knows that I love you, too. :) I say it all the time, and I incorporate it into my lessons with members & investigators. Papi, your asking for obedient children every Christmas and Birthday has helped me explain to parents that that is all that Heavenly Father asks for, too. There´s so many other lessons that I teach based on you all, and how the gospel applies to us all in relation to how we've come to love each other so much. I love you. :)
 
Like Papi noted, we did have some crazy thunderstorms the past couple of weeks. On an island of insane parties and discotecas, it seemed appropriate that there seemed to be a discoteca in the clouds. The clouds were gorgeous, and looked like dangerous strobe lights. The rain and clouds that we've been having haven't dissuaded tourists--they're still very much here. I think they're trying to come en masse for the end-of-summer bashes that they apparently throw here. I've walked past the biggest discoteca on earth (Privilege), and the front doors of the most famous discoteca on the island (Pacha)--don't worry; in this island where "clouds of darkness" seep through the pavement, we are still missionaries, we are still seeing miracles, we are still finding prepared people, and we are still protected by the angels that your prayers bring.
 
Before the new elders came this week, Elder Bozarth and I spent a lot of time preparing. We DEEP cleaned piso, and we threw so much extra junk out. We went to IKEA, and paid for new beds and tables and drying racks and the suchlike (they will be arriving soon, I hope--good thing I've spent a good amount of time sleeping on the floor ;) oh the seemingly hidden ways we all prepare for missions). I didn't fly to Barcelona to pick up my new companion (Elder Lindsay from Boise, Idaho). I stayed here in Ibiza. The only missionary on the island. :) It's not my first time, but it was the best, because it was so fruitful -- I went contacting with the Elders Quorum President here, and we found "almas" right and left. It was a miracle. I plan on taking members "alma" searching much, much more often. :)
 
Élder Lindsay, my new companion, is an interesting missionary. What I have out on the mission, he has until he goes home (He´s going home in December).
 
This is what I wrote to President Pace this week:
 
Dear President,
 
I am doing well, and I´m excited to work with Élder Lindsay. He´s funny and mild-mannered. I know that I have a lot to learn from him, and that the Lord will teach me how to succeed, as a companionship, in bringing souls unto Him. We´re already seeing miracles from working with members to teach their friends, and I know that this ball is going to keep moving forward. We are in a momentum moment, and it´s because of these fantastic members. We are seeing the fruits of our love for them, their subsequent love for us and "ganas" to share that love with their friends. I am so glad to be serving with these people, as a missionary of God. Best. Life. Ever!
 
We´re praying for you and Sister Pace. :) Thank you for all that you do!!!
Simply,
Élder Zubeldia
 
I LOVED the package that you all sent!!! 8D The inside-jokes made me so happy!!! :) I have been handing out the candies to the little kids in the branch, and to the investigators and their children. :) Nobody can resist the offering of American candy, and it helps to smile. ;) I love you, I love you, I love you!!!  Élder Bozarth brought me the package when he came back. A blessing of having Elder Lindsay as my companion was when he gave me the letter with all the stamps that they sent me!!! Holy Cow, so many stamps!! I need to use them to write back and thank them. :) I love our Santander family!! Another blessing of having Elder Lindsay as my companion, he explained to me how to use the hard drive and the card reader to save my pictures so that I can send the memory cards to you. :)
 
I hope that you get the letters I sent. :) I love you all so much! You give me such strength and motivation and such fire and such joy!!  The Eternities are going to be so much fun!!!! I want everyone to be there with us. :)
 
These two years are just flying by. Before we know it, we will all be kneeling together in the living room, giving thanks to Heavenly Father, and giving hugs and kisses to each other (not just the chocolate kind). :)
 
Love,
Élder Pablo Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment