I love you so much!! :) Haha, I´m going to respond to your e-mail before writing to anyone, so that I can make sure to answer your questions. All of them. :) I love you!!
Mother, first off I want you to know that we as missionaries don´t go to dangerous places. We don´t go anywhere near the discotecas, the beaches, or places that are (for similar reasons) dangerous in that sense. The missionary rules, that we live, protect us from any potentially problematic situations.
There is immodesty and other threats here in many places, but I am protected by God´s hand, as a disciple of Christ, and even especially as a representative and servant of Christ. The Holy Spirit guides us, and gives us strength. With that, any missionary could serve in Ibiza without any problems. I recognize that nobody is spiritually (or otherwise) indestructible, but the power protecting power and guiding influence of the Holy Spirit helps me. I love you so much. Thank you for your prayers. I marvel every day at the tender mercies of God, and how He has provided a way for me to be with you all forever.
Now, other questions:
What is the situation in Ibiza?
That is a vague question that deserves an answer that will calm your worries. My companion (Élder Bozarth from St. George) and I are the only missionaries on the Island.
Please let us know if you are eating well in Ibiza?
That wasn´t phrased as a question, but yes, I will let you know if I am eating well: I am eating well.
How was your trip to Ibiza?
The trip was pleasant. It was relaxing, and it gave me
time to write in my journal and extra time to study the scriptures and
organize my thoughts and prepare in general.
How did you get there?
I
took a train from Vitoria to Barcelona, and stayed overnight. Then I
took subway to the airport, and then a plane to Ibiza. Heavenly Father
protects and directs us, and we were safe. We will have District
meetings over Skype, and we will fly to Mallorca for Zone Meetings. We
will always be protected and watched over.
How many members are there in Ibiza?
The branch of Ibiza has 40-60 members that come to church each week, and a couple of
Melchizedek Priesthood holders.
How long has the area been opened to missionaries?
Ibiza has been open for a year (the anniversary was a couple of
months ago). I am missionary number 8 to have served here. My
companion and I are the first ones to ever have served on the island
during this part of the year.
Is there a branch?
There is a branch, and the members love the
missionaries. I´ve already met with and been in the homes of almost all
of the members, and we´re already good friends (some of them have
already pseudo-adopted me, and want me to come and live with them on a
vacation that I don´t know when I´ll take, sometime after my mission).
I know that I will come to love them even more as time goes by.
They´re all very humble, and very willing to participate in missionary
work. There´s a lot of potential, and I´m focusing on getting to know,
coming to love, and on bringing the Spirit to the members with my
companion.
Do you like your new companion?
Yes, I like my companion. :) Rule number one,
according to the leaders in our home ward: Love your companion. :)
He´s nice, he´s humble, and he wants to focus on loving the people.
He´s never been a senior companion before, he tells me, and now he´s
also the district leader (our district is us, and the companionship of
elders on Menorca). He says he´s feeling super stressed with the weight
of all of the responsibility (the branch, the island, training me,
being a District leader, etc). I´m trying to help as much as I can.
President told him that if we´re not 100% obedient, he´s taking us off
of the island. It makes sense to me -- I´ll do my best to make sure that
we are always obedient (showing love to and trust in Heavenly Father),
and that we focus on loving the members.
I love you, and I hope that I have been able to help you find peace for your concerns. :)
I am now out of time. Please give everyone my love!
Simply.
Élder Pablo Zubeldia
No comments:
Post a Comment