Monday, March 16, 2015

Discipleship :)

Dearly Beloved Family,

I love you so much!!!!!

Haha, well, this week we didn't really get to leave the piso (our apartment), unless we were going to the hospital, or going to church. My companion is doing fine, today we went to the hospital to check up on some results, and now he is taking some medication. Everything will be fine! :) I'm doing my best to take care of him. We are learning a lot from our studies, the talks we listen to, and the conversations we have about the gospel.

And though we didn't get to go out to work, wouldn't you know it, miracles still filled the week!!! After my companion's operation, we were sent home by taxi. We began talking with our nice Catalán driver Jorge, and the conversation turned to missionary work, of course. This man believes in God, but is very anti-religion, because of negative experiences in his childhood, etc. He also has a neighbor who is an evangelical pastor, who is always trying to argue with him, apparently. He told us that he had seen lots of missionaries, and that he lives in the same apartment complex as some "girls" of our church. The other day, as he was carrying in his groceries, they saw him, and quickly helped him with his bags. They left a really positive impression on him, and he thought about it later. I am convinced that the act of service of those Sister missionaries prepared Jorge to listen to us. (Thank you Sister Missionaries who are always on-purpose and atentas to opportunities to serve others!!) Although he wasn't at all predisposed to trusting people from a church, he listened attentively to the message of the Restoration of Christ's original church through Joseph Smith, a modern prophet. We listened to his objections, and bore our testimony of the Book of Mormon, which he accepted, committed to read, and to ask Heavenly Father if it really is true. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost, who really does touch the hearts of others, and who helps us feel Heavenly Father's strength and loving guidance. Even though we were in a taxi, sharing a conversation with a stranger, driving through hectic traffic, we all felt the Spirit, and Jorge is that much closer to having the full blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in his family's life.

I love being a missionary!!

I would love to hear about the invitations that you've extended!! How are your friends doing? What did they say?! Read Ch 11 of Preach My Gospel if you're having trouble inviting. I promise that Heavenly Father will bless your efforts to share the gospel as you act in faith.

I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know that Jesus Christ made it possible for me to be forgiven. I know that Joseph Smith saw God face-to-face. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers.

I love you!!
Élder Zubeldia

P.S. This video is beautiful, and it teaches some important principles. We can learn from the example of Moses that is found in the Pearl of Great Price. You might find it interesting to watch this video with a friend; it might be interesting for them to understand a little more about what we mean by someone who is a prophet, and be interesting to consider that we have a prophet today. :) https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-50-i-am-a-son-of-god?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment