Dear Family,
This week was incredible!! Working with the members is working!! As we've focused on being loving during church, and otherwise working diligently on our own, we're seeing blessings in our area!! All of our investigators this week came from member referrals, and the members brought all of our friends to Sacrament meeting (we would've had even more, but the less-actives who were going to bring their friends had a hang-over; we're going to teach the Word of Wisdom before next Sunday!!). The coordination with our Ward Leaders is improving, and our meetings are already effective!! We had 40 people come to our activity yesterday!! The answer is improving communication and organization!! Things are moving forward in our ward!!
My companion is fantastic!! He's been a wonderful partner in working with the ward leaders!! He's really taken charge of keeping up with the ward list changes that we've been finding, and working closely with our wonderful ward secretary, Hno. Angel Herráiz, the previous Barcelona Stake President. This man is such an example of how to serve God regardless of where one is called!! I am so grateful for the leaders of our ward who help missionary work move forward!!
One miracle this week is currently in process -- Three of our friends at church yesterday were the nephews of the Sanuy family, a Catalán family from the beginnings of the church here in Barcelona. We visited their family this past week to help their son prepare for his English test, and not only made friends with them, but also helped them feel the Spirit. We had invited them to do some personal things in their family, and they came to church by themselves! Poco a poco, their family is going to see the blessings of the gospel in their lives!!
Another miracle this week was when we went to serve a less-active family who lives close to the church. Some of the adult children have been baptized in recent years, but none of them really understand the doctrine. We had had a visit set up for Saturday, but the majority of them weren't there; so we did some impromptu service, and cleaned their house. Later that same day, in a birthday party they invited us to, we taught about all of the people about God's goal for their families, and had a wonderful discussion. It was such a precious moment, to answer the questions of interested parents about how their families can be together forever. This is what it's all about!! Now, after we teach them the Word of Wisdom, they'll really begin to see the blessings!!! :D
I love you all so much!! Thank you for living the Gospel!!! It's so much more than just going to church and reading; it's searching for how we can truly come closer to Christ, and how we can do His will!! The difference between running through the motions and truly living the gospel is OUR REAL INTENT behind what we're doing!! Why do we do what we do?
People ask me that all the time when they find out that I'm not being paid to visit people and teach them about the gospel. :)
I do what I do because I love Heavenly Father for what He has done for me (He always loves us first), and I want to show my gratitude for Him. I do what I do because of the promptings and guidance I receive from Heavenly Father as I try to do what He wants us to do. This week, I've tried to focus my prayers on gratitude, and I have felt the Spirit comfort me so strongly, and have felt an even more noticeable, and even more constant, guide in the impressions that He sends me. It has felt so nice. :)
This week, you should try it!! Try refocusing your prayers: spend more time in your prayers to express thanks, and on asking for blessings for other people. You will feel the Spirit more obviously as you pray, and during your week. If you'd like to study anything for advice, check out Preach My Gospel, Chapter 4, "Praying with Faith".
I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and He knows us by name. He will answer us individually as we are prepared and ask. I know this is true because it happens to me and to my friends here in Barcelona. It will happen for you this week as you try it out for yourself with real intent!!
I love you!!
Élder Zubeldia
No comments:
Post a Comment