Dear Beloved Family,
I am so happy to be a missionary!!
I want you to know something: please don't feel bad for me being sent to Barcelona for Christmas, instead of being with our family in Bilbao. I am happy to be here!! I know Who and Why I'm serving; it's all about His work and His glory. I have been called to serve; no sirvo para "´call´ the shots". Heavenly Father wants me to serve here in Barcelona with Élder Sorensen; so I want to serve Barcelona and Élder Sorensen.
Please don't feel bad for me; feel happy with me!!
Miracles are happening here in Barcelona!! We had 20 youth and YSA come to our Mini-MTC, and they loved it!! Their leaders supported the activity by serving food afterward, and then everyone stayed and attended Dayanara's baptismal service!! I asked the youth at church what it was that they had liked most about the Mini-MTC, and they said that they loved the Prácticas!! They're coming back for sure, next week!!! This week they are going to study the Restoration folleto, and they are going to give it to someone during the week before our next Mini-MTC!!! Miracles are happening in our two wards!!!
My scripture of the week: "Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear." (Moroni 8:16) What a great scripture!!!!
I know that Heavenly Father knows each of us, and that He loves us. Jesus Christ gave a perfect example for us, and because of Him, I can become happier by living the gospel and keeping my covenants. I know that He restored the way for us to make covenants with Him through Joseph Smith, because I've felt the Spirit tell me it's true. I felt that same Spirit tell me that the Book of Mormon is true. I first felt that 5 years ago, and since then, I decided that I wanted everyone to discover these things for themselves!!
I'm grateful to say that I feel that same Spirit here and now. If you would like to feel this for yourselves, try this little test:
Decide that you want to share the gospel with someone.
Today, pray for an opportunity to share your testimony with someone.
Make sure that you read the scriptures and pray before you walk out of your bedroom.
Keep your eyes open for an opportunity; it might come when you least expect it.
Keep your heart open and listen to the Spirit; cut out the distractions in your environment.
Share your smile and your spirit with people you interact with today.
If it doesn't happen to you today, repeat this tomorrow, and everyday. You can feel the thrill and peace of missionary work every day. If you do this, Heavenly Father will bless you, and you will feel the blessing promised to you in the Sacrament, that His Spirit will always be with you. I know that this is true, and I invite you to put this idea to the test every day this week, sincerely and with an attitude of prayer.
May you feel the love and blessings of heaven!!
Happy Reyes!! Happy Reinas!!
Love,
Élder Zubeldia
No comments:
Post a Comment