I love you so much!!! Life is flying by!! I am so grateful to be a missionary!!
| Francis and Leticia |
This week was AWESOME!! So busy, and so much to do!! Our friend Leticia was baptized!!! SHE IS SO FANTASTIC!!!! This
picture is of Francis and Leticia!! :D They are from Ghana. Five years
ago, this amazing ward went and knocked doors, and Francis was found and
baptized because of their efforts!! Leticia just arrived a little over a
month ago from Ghana (which has a miracle story of its own), and
Leticia was baptized this last weekend!! She only speaks Twi (a Ghanan
dialect), and so we would teach her, and her husband would translate. He
also translates the Book of Mormon for her when they read (he can't
read Twi, so he reads it first in English and then translates it). It
has been miraculous to see her path towards conversion!! They are both
excited to prepare to be married for time and for eternity in the
Temple!!
I love serving with Élder Ahlstrom! We are both
doing great. He is such a hardworking missionary; even when he is
exhausted, he doesn't lose his desire to serve. He is very on purpose,
and he will be a wonderful trainer. He told me yesterday multiple times,
"We are here to baptize!" I am so glad that he knows this, and that he
has a passion for baptism!
Our members are the miracle of the week. This week
they have really been there for us, inviting their friends to FHEs, and
miraculously appearing when we bump into people prepared for the
members on the street. When we were on splits with one of the returned
missionaries, we had just arrived in one of our "puebles" on our way to a
visit. As I stepped out of the bus, a boy called out to me with an American accent. Allen is a 15 year old boy from Honduras who just
arrived to Spain a few days ago, who had spoken English with the elders
in his country. The member I was with was also from Honduras (in
Sabadell, this is a rare occurrence, since there aren't many
Hondureños). It worked out perfectly, and we're going to visit with his
family later this week!
Sarah, love the members. When you love them,
miracles happen. Look for ways to serve them. They will love you, and
trust you, and they will want their friends to meet you. Read Alma 13:24, and remember -- THEY are the ANGELS.
Our recent converts are doing fantastically! They
are so excited to progress in the gospel! We are working with the
members to help and support them.
I, Élder Zubeldia, having been born of goodly
parents into a wonderful family, have been taught to follow the Savior; and
notwithstanding having seen afflictions, I know that I have been highly favored
of the Lord in all my days. May we all recognize that near the same can be said
for all of us. I know that Heavenly
Father loves us, and that His Son, Jesus Christ, offered Himself so that we
could all return safely home. I know that God restored His only church through
the prophet Joseph Smith, and that the Book of Mormon is a true evidence of
this. I know these things because I have felt the power of the Holy Spirit of
God tell me so in my heart. All those who sincerely pray, ponder and read about
the Book of Mormon, and attend church services, having faith and real intent,
will come to know the same. Whoever you are, and whatever your circumstances, I
invite you to try this out for yourself. If you are honestly seeking, I promise
you that you will receive a real answer from Heavenly Father. In the name of
Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love you!
Élder Zubeldia
No comments:
Post a Comment