Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sabadell!! :D

Dear beloved family,

I love you!!! :D Happy Valentine's Day!!! :)

Transfers info: I get to stay here in Sabadell for a second transfer with Élder Vosters. It's his last transfer -- and IT'S GOING TO BE HIS BEST!!!!! 8D

Today has been crazy, and since I don't have much more time to e-mail, I'll just try and go over some of the best stories:

The Ecuadorian Family -- Sunday night Heavenly Father gave me another chance to show Him just how much I really love Him and His children, and how much I actually want to baptize. I've had a decent cold these past few days, and it's made me grateful for when I'm healthy. We had set a visit for 10:00 pm with an Ecuadorian man named Vicente that we had contacted earlier that week; he was leaving on a trip in the morning, and it was the only time that he had available. My companion left me the decision as to whether or not we would go to the visit, which was a fair walk away into the rainy, cold, night. I called Vicente, and he didn't answer his phone. As I was groggily weighing the decision, the thought came into my head -- "Look, if you really want to baptize as much as you say you do, you've got to show it to Heavenly Father." We went, taught their receptive and humble family, and we're going again. He, his wife, and three of their five children live there. I know that "Él nos ayudará en nuestros esfuerzos sí actuamos con fé para llevar a cabo Su obra". Family baptism? I THINK YES!!!

The Excentric Spanish woman -- We contacted her on the street, and were very surprised that she gave us her number and address. In our visit, she told us that she was impressed that "two handsome young English Executives would stop me on the street and ask me about the happiness in my family life, and then talked about God". She tried to be contentious in the beginning (she must have practiced with Catholics and Testigos de Jehova), but then she began to feel the Spirit. She outright cried when we gave her a Book of Mormon for free. Her son was in the other room, and I'm not so sure that he wasn't listening. Family baptism? I THINK SO!!!!

The Valentine's Sunday Talk -- members here probably have heard over and over about the Work of Salvation, and they're probably tired of being reminded that they're not doing it. The Ward Mission leader told me to give them "caña" in my talk. I prayed about it, and was guided another way. I talked mostly about love, using the scriptures. Very basically, it wrapped around John 15:9-14 and President Monson's quote from Conference: "Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord's vineyard to bring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in a multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work." It seemed to go well.

The way to know if something has really touched out heart is if it steps from something that we know into something that we do. I've been listening to "The First and Greatest Commandment" from Elder Holland and "More Diligent and Concerned at Home" from Elder Bednar this week.

I know that the Council of the Twelve are Heavenly Father's chosen Apostles today. I know this from personal witnesses of the Holy Ghost. This knowledge is priceless to me, because it means that God exists, that this really is Heavenly Father's church on the earth, and that my call to serve here in Barcelona, Spain came straight from Him. It means that continuing revelation, being able to get answers from God, is real today, and it is available to us all. It means that there is life after death, and that my family is going to be together forever. It means that there is a way for me to return to live forever with my Heavenly Father and my Savior, and that I (and my family, and whoever else we can help to come with us) can progress and be happy forever. This is true, and it is a blessing for me today.

If you don't know for yourself of the truth of these things, please find out for yourself. Read the Book of Mormon, all the way through, if you never have. Read it every day, even if it is just a little every day. Read it again, if you've already read it. Start today. Pay attention to what you're reading, and pray about it. Think about what it says in Moroni 10:3-5. Learn it, and then DO IT!!.

I love you all so much!!! Sorry that I didn't have time to write personal e-mails!!!

I love you!!
Simply,
Élder Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment