Monday, June 24, 2013

Week Two

My Loved Ones,

I love you all so much!!!  I LOVE reading your e-mails, and I wish I had time to respond to all of them individually.  Sadly, since time is short (turnips, Elder Sutton says I´ve got less than 10 minutes now), I´ll just communicate the bare minimum here.  (Don´t worry--I plan on writing actual, physical, letters soon.  I´m so excited to finally use my vast knowledge on stamps!)

Here´s part of what I reported to my Mission President this week: 

"The work in Vitoria is going forward!  We´re working hard to contact the  world, and do so in a way that leaves no doubt to those that we speak to that we genuinely care for them, and that our love for them is what drives us to be missionaries for the Lord.

I love my companion, Elder Sutton--he is such an example of obedience and resilience to me!  We have so much fun together, talking to, and teaching, the people.  We've made a goal to work on humility together this week--no, this does not mean we´re going to try and "humiliate" each other; rather, we are both going to try on internally being more humble.  I want to be more humble, because I know that I have so much to improve upon, personally, if I want to be the faithful and diligent instrument in the Lord´s hands that He needs.  I want to focus on recognizing the Lord´s gracious hand in everything that happens, and on expressing gratitude and appreciation for the many things He does for us and for our investigators.

Speaking of which, miracle of the week: as you know, Sandra didn't get baptized last week --however, she is hopeful, not disappointed, and she even came to church yesterday!  She already has an intimate friendship with one of  the sisters in the ward, and she wants, more than ever, to become worthy to have the Lord´s influence and blessings in her life and in the lives of her sons.  Last night, we met with her again, in the same park (on the same bench) as last week.  Thanks be to Heavenly Father, the Spirit was there, and I am grateful to have felt so strongly His influence, and to have been given the words to express the feelings I felt.  Haha, again, I don´t remember what the Spirit had me say, but He touched her heart, and she IS going to be baptized this Saturday at 12:30.  Because 
of her justified work circumstances, the Bishop has allowed for us to make an exception and give her the Gift of the Holy Ghost right after being baptized, and to administer to her the Sacrament every week she comes to Church (even though, because of her work, she will have to miss the first two hours of meetings).  Heavenly Father provides, President!  He loves Sandra, and He has made a way for her to have these blessings in her life, and we ARE SO HAPPY FOR HER!!!!!!!!!  I believe that we can help her family follow her example, and to turn to the Lord´s strength and love to alleviate their problems and conflicts.

Heavenly Father is on our team, President.  Or rather, we are on His.  I want to do my absolute best to be worthy of this, to live according to this standard that I wear on my heart." 

I love being here.  Don´t take this the wrong way, but I´m not homesick--I´m busy here, and the work doesn't leave much room for other thoughts than those about investigators, members, taking the word to every soul, and studying the Word of God.  You are all in my heart at all times, and your faces flood my mind in my prayers and in my dreams.  I love you, and I know that we´re going to be together forever, and so I´m not afraid that I won´t see you, or that you won´t be alright.  I know that Heavenly Father answers my prayers, because I can´t deny the miracles that we see every day.  I know He loves you even more than any of us can comprehend.

The strength and peace that you all give to me help me to recognize my need for God´s grace, and my need to be worthy of such love and exceedingly great blessings.  I feel strength, love, peace, joy, comfort, and the Spirit because of the parts of me that belong to you, and the parts of you all that belong to me.  You give me strength, and with the Spirit´s direction and overabounding presence, power to testify and teach. I am nothing without God--without Heavenly Father´s blessings, Jesus Christ´s love, and the Holy Ghost´s influence.  I cannot do anything here for anyone of lasting significance without Their influence and guidance.  I am striving to align my heart to God´s will, and to submit my decisions to His plans.  He knows what´s best, and if I can become better, more obedient, more sensitive, more courageous, then He will be able to do what He wants to do for these people (He loves them so much).  I want so much to be His hand, or to be an instrument in His hand, here -- I need to be more meek, submissive, diligent, obedient, resilient, humble, and persevering.  I know that He gives me strength to do what He wants me to do, and the faith to trust in Him and His plans.  I don´t need to know everything--knowing that I need to be sensitive and obedient is more than enough for me to make a difference.

I love this privilege, this short time, to share the message of God´s love with every person who will listen. Your words often come to me, and push me to take advantage of every chance I have to invite and help others.

God didn't put us all together by chance.  We were meant to be together, to grow together, and to support each other.  Your love is such a strength, and source of peace, to me, a stimulant that drives me to give my all.

I have just been informed my time is up.  For now.  :)

I love you guys more than I, or anyone, could ever convey in any message.  Don´t fear.  God has plans for each of you, and will give you the strength that you need in the time that you need it.

Forever and Always, I Love You All.

Simply,

Elder Pablo Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment